Down and dirty physics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rossjc

Registered
Reaction score
I am an info junkie and want to know all there is to know about the physics of diving, deco, ... Are there any good coverall type manuals or references you could reccomend.

well i know that some cerf. are offered for what is called tech diving i not sure whats comp offers it but tech diving is what your looking for i going to be geting in to that kind of stuff in a year or two.

NOAA Dive Manual
NAVY Dive Manual
Technical Diving in Depth

check out Best Publishing for more titles or look up just about anything by Bruce R. Wienke.

Try "International Textbook of Mixed Gas Diving" by Lettnin.

rossjc:
I am an info junkie and want to know all there is to know about the physics of diving, deco, ... Are there any good coverall type manuals or references you could reccomend.

Decompression would be covered better by physiology than by physics.

Try Buhlmann's book on Decompression.

Here is a nice site which explains some of the things that may interest you about deco theory:
http://www.deepocean.net/deepocean/index.html?science03.html

You can also find in the web lots of papers from Bruce Wienke about RGBM models.

There's a book called "Diving Science" that explains a range of topics that I found interesting. You can probably find at Chapters and look at it before you buy it.

Weinke's stuff is about as good as you can get if you can do the math, otherwise have a look at the Technical diving encyclopedia by Tom Mount.

Back
Top Bottom