Down 6 lbs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideband

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was helping with a class this weekend in the pool as a buddy for a guy that has been having trouble. When we were working on skin diving stuff I noticed he didn't have on a weight belt so I gave him mine. I had 7 lbs in my vest and 6 on my belt and was wearing a 2mil shorty. Until then I had needed that much weight to be able to stay on the bottom without floating up. I tried it just for the heck of it and had no problems at all. I went from 13 lbs to 7. I did feel a bit floaty but I'm sure that is because I'm used to being over weighted. It was sweet being able to go up and down by just breathing. I wasn't able to hover at a given depth but I was able to stay on the bottom by breathing off the bottom of my lungs a bit more and rise by breathing deeper.

Joe

Yep, you're learning and getting better. Nice feeling, huh?

Just don't take it too seriously...
:D

Gotta agree with DandyDon's comments You're making good progress!! Congrats!

Congrats! It took me lots of dives to figure that one out!

-Grier

I did the same thing. Went from 10lbs to 6. in a 3mil. and it is Awesome! So much easier to get around and control bouancy.
Happy diving :D.

I went the slow route and took two pounds off at a time. After diving with someone who was on their first post-certification dive this weekend. I now know why instructors tend to overweight students....

awesome job!

i know the feeling, because during my trip to Bonaire last week, i went from
8 lbs to 2 lbs total weight in three dives, and it feels wonderful. i dove
with 2 lbs for most of the trip, and got used to it rather quickly. i find that
pre-emptive getting rid of air in your BC or wing is vital to keeping neutral trim,
particularly at shallow depths with low air on your tank.

Back
Top Bottom