Dove Utila, looking for new spot...help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shocktrtmnt

Reaction score
Spent a week in Utila in July 2003, loved it. Stayed at Mango Inn and dove with Utila DIve Center. It was awesome. We were not students, and we had our own personal DM guide dive with us. I really liked that. Eva, you are the greatest. She took her time and gave us time to look around, and then some. We love the walls and also love wrecks, although we did not dive any big wrecks in Utila, only a small one at night. We like to start out at at least 100' and work our way up.
Can anyone give me any idea where to go next summer with such great service and fabulous diving and the price? (Emphasis on the DIVING.) For the 2 of us meals included and we could not eat them all, we spent $2400.00 plus about $500.00 on souveniers and other meals outside the Mango Inn (which has excellent food, the pizza is killer, but don't order the Filet mignon).
DocVikingo---you have a lot to say around this site, what is your opinion? We are traveling out of Marco Island FL, so the best airport for departure is MIA or FLL (Ft. Lauderdale). FLL preferrred, MIA airport is a ZOO. I'll take the Utila "terminal" anyday over Miami.
Any input on experience will help.
I must add that ONE of us HAS to have AC and TV. But I won't mention any names.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom