Doubts about custom suit size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great suit! Which suit is this? Santi?

dive some 38 degree water. you will appreciate the extra space to stuff with high loft undergarments and air....
One step at a time.. I started diving in 80+F and I'm now working my way down to 60F :)

It's a fourth element argonaut flex. You don't reckon it's too baggy?

I had the same exact problem when I got my first MTM suit. I complained it was too big, and my coworker responded with something along the lines of "You've just never had a suit that fit you properly so you don't know what it feels like." I've dove it since and love the s--- out of it.

I'm not saying yours isn't too big, but it looks good from where I'm sitting. Take it out a few times; you may come to appreciate the space. Come diving with me up here and you'll definitely appreciate the space.

No. I do not think it is too baggy. I think it fits perfectly.

OP's suit looks fine to me, too.

FWIW, looks fine to me too. If you're really worried you could go on a weight gain mission or wear a thicker undergarment. But seriously, I think it looks good. I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for the reassurance. I guess I just need to adjust my expectations!

I took it out for a second dive today and getting quite comfortable with how it dives... I'll probably have more questions over the coming weeks as I tweak my setup.

I'm feeling the fabric taut in the knees when i bend them up at 90 degrees for frog kicks.

Is this common, and what can i do to relieve it? I'm thinking of loosening my crotch strap to allow the bottom to sit lower and add slack to the knees.

First, I will agree with those who don't see any real problem with the fit of that suit.

Next, I will tell a cautionary tale about custom suits in general, a tale told to me by one of my students. The dive shop through which he bought the suit said he should get it custom fitted, and he paid an extra $300 for that. When the suit came in, he tried it on and the shop personnel raved about what a great fit he got through that customization.

When he got home, he was wondering why the suit was marked "XL" and had no other signs of customization. (I am not sure what those signs would be; my custom suit came with my name on it, at least.) It did have a serial number, though. He called the maker and asked about it, and they told him it was a standard XL suit. They had no indication in their records that anything else had been ordered. When he gave his measurements, they told him an XL would be perfect for him.

I know he went back to that shop to complain, but I don't know the outcome other than the fact that he will never use that shop again for anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom