Doubling up lp121’s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will these be used with a drysuit?

160' with deco bottles-you're carrying too much gear. Cut back to twin 85's if you're set on doubles and save your back and wallet.

An even better idea is to use a single 121 for your dive.

spectrum:
Will these be used with a drysuit?

Yes, I will use them with drysuit, cold fresh water only. I are ready own the tanks and dont plan on buying new ones.

Thats nice but I dont do any cave diving and my buddy will have the same tank size of mine.
Thanks

Gas-volume matching would also have to take the the sac rate of both you AND your buddy into account. You and your buddy might not need the same size tank.

I'd say go with the Highland tank bands. They fit better than others and dont have bolts touching the cylinders. I've used many diff plates and have settled on the Halcyon. I did not think there would be much diff till I tried it. Wing, anything in the 50-60 lb lift range will work. And, glad to hear you are doing this with a dry suit.
Good Luck;
Bill

Is there a big differnce in using 3in bands commpared to 2 1/2 in ?

hambleto:
Gas-volume matching would also have to take the the sac rate of both you AND your buddy into account. You and your buddy might not need the same size tank.

Off Topic: Actually, gas matching has NOTHING to do with SAC rates.

As for brands:

Bands: Highland mills is the best commercial brand. Most others brands will do.
Manifold: Sea Elite. Save some bux and get one of the best manifolds out there.
Wing: I prefer Halcyon, but all the big players make solid stuff. (OMS, DiveRite, Oxycheck, DSS, etc)
Plate: A plate is a plate. It needs 11" centers on the bolt holes. You want an AL plate for 120's, they will be negative enough without an SS plate. If you get a plate with a slot on the bottom (OMS/DiveRite) you will probably bend the top bolt with 120's. So I prefer the Halcyon/Hammerhead/DSS plates.

ICUROK:
Is there a big differnce in using 3in bands commpared to 2 1/2 in ?
The 2.5 bands are better for AL80, LP 85's, and smaller tanks. The bands are 7.25" in diameter.
The 8"-bands are usually the 3"-wide ones. Carrying that much heavy metal, they're 3" for maximum lateral rigidity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom