doubles/tire intertube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"I went home and took mine apart and found a ton of corrosion, a lot of it was just from the salt water I presume, and some from dissimilar metals"

Impressive!

How were you able to tell the difference??

Hmmm... I have used innertube under the bands on some Faber 85's as shims to get better valve spacing. They work just fine, thank you, and they do not slip.
I've used innertube and a daypack to construct a tank backpack for a buddy who forgot a BC.
I use 'em as emergency mask and fin straps.
etc...
If you can't fix it with innertubes and zipties and duct tape it is seriously broke.
Rick :)
OOPS!
DIR forum
Mea culpa - my comments are never to be construed as DIR
Ignore this post

can anyone say v-weight made of zinc
just kidding!!!
if your so worried about galvanic why not put innertubes between tanks and valves or am I the only one to notice your valves are not made of alum.
inner tube can be used effectively to change valve spacing for manifold sizing.
other than that pretty much solving problems that aren't there.

LittleFish:
Please keep in mind that I am not trying to get anyone to turn on their flamethrowers.
Some flamethrowers have a hair trigger:D

OK folks ... a friendly reminder of the rules of engagement in this forum ... from NetDoc's sticky at the top of the forum ...

6) The answers in this forum are member's best attempts to answer questions within, and according the DIR diving philosophy. If you wish to give a non-DIR answer, please do not post it in this forum. If you do not wish your question to be limited to DIR answer, please ask it in another applicable forum.

If you cannot provide a DIR answer ... OR ... if you're just here to take pokes at the DIR style of diving ... please take it elsewhere.

I'll leave what's already here, but please abide by the forum rules. Any further replies that do not will be removed without warning, notice, or apology ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
OK folks ... a friendly reminder of the rules of engagement in this forum ... from NetDoc's sticky at the top of the forum ...

If you cannot provide a DIR answer ... OR ... if you're just here to take pokes at the DIR style of diving ... please take it elsewhere.

I'll leave what's already here, but please abide by the forum rules. Any further replies that do not will be removed without warning, notice, or apology ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Aw gee, Bob... I said I was sorry... I'd answered before I knew where I was...
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Aw gee, Bob... I said I was sorry... I'd answered before I knew where I was...
Rick

Trouble maker! 10 laps around the forum!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom