Doubles Setup issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stoiclown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have currently signed up to take the PADI Tech One, deep diver course. I currently have two Aqua Lung Legend LX Supremes, that I want to use for my doubles set up. My issue is that I can't seem to set up the hoses, the way it shows me in the picture, its referenced as a standard Hogtharian diving kit. If anybody has some experince with this setup & these regs. I would love to hear about it.

Also I have signed up for the Assistant Instructer course, & would be interested to hear what setup other instructers use? Do you still stick with the BP or switch to what the store sells?

Is this the routing you are using? I just set my first set of doubles up, and this is how I ran my hoses, I love how clean it is, but I'm using Apeks though.

Apeks hose routing is good, but SP MK25 isn't bad at all for the hose routing. :)

stoiclown:
I have currently signed up to take the PADI Tech One, deep diver course. I currently have two Aqua Lung Legend LX Supremes, that I want to use for my doubles set up. My issue is that I can't seem to set up the hoses, the way it shows me in the picture, its referenced as a standard Hogtharian diving kit. If anybody has some experince with this setup & these regs. I would love to hear about it.
What seems to be the problem? I use Legends and have no rigging problem with them. Be glad to help - I'll slap some on tonight and send a pic.
Rick

Thanks a lot for all your input, now that I see it at a different angle it makes alot more sense. Rick I would love to see a pic.

Just a little correction to the picture in the attached link. The SPG hose needs to go over the wing as in this picture.

http://train.missouri.org/~hypoxic/

just scroll down a ways.

With the DS4 first stage, you may need to tilt the first stage just a bit so you don't pinch the wing. With The 100s, the HP port is angled just a bit and therefore no need to angle the first stage. When I used Apeks DS4s, I had to tilt the first stage about 20-30 degrees or the wing would be pinched and trap gas. The nice thing about SP and Atomic regs or virtually all swivel first stages is this pinching is elimiated.

Lil' Irish Temper:
Is this the routing you are using? I just set my first set of doubles up, and this is how I ran my hoses, I love how clean it is, but I'm using Apeks though.

Dan Gibson:
The nice thing about SP and Atomic regs or virtually all swivel first stages is this pinching is elimiated.

or the Apeks DST then i'm guessing..

That's why I included "virtually all swivel first stages". Don't want to sound like I'm pushing a particular brand (cough kickback cough) :wink:

mossym:
or the Apeks DST then i'm guessing..

It doesn't matter. Those two brands are my favorite. Either one is fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom