Doubles air fill fee.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikswi:
Given the big picture and whats involved here, are you really crying over $7.00? For Doubles?!! WHAT other sport or hobby can you kill an afternoon for $7.00?!! I really think you need to reconsider your position here and stop micro-managing the expenses. If $7.00 is the difference between your making the mortgage or not, then your in the wrong spot/hobby.

WRONG! I'm in the sport to enjoy it. I'm not in it to go broke. Given the bigger picture, if anyone gets enough air fills to call SCUBA their "hobby", then ALL those doggon $1 bills add up!
But I digress- I didn't know I was crying. I merely asked if this was standard practice or not. I haven't had this discrepency come up at the coastal dive shops.

Web Monkey:
I'd charge you the extra $1 just for making me carry a set of doubles to hold 76 cu Ft of air. :cool:

Terry

To save a dollar I'd walk them a few extra feet myself! They really aren't that heavy, and they have a nice little carrying handle built into those U.S. Divers bands anyway.

I had two 50cf tanks set up as doubles also. I went to fill them for the first time and was told that it would cost twice to fill both of them. The LDS told me it would cost only for one with the isolation valve turned off. I said to go ahead and fill it that way. My isolation valve will not shut one tank off from the other (older valve I think) and he ended up filling both for the price of one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom