Double tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver:
Thats smart, Why not just stick with a single and sling two 80. That would make your life little more easy?
Chris

I suppose it might. Just not sure if having to slung 80's on the left would be very well balanced.

Something to consider. :)

Michael

True, but at the same time you could put weight on the other side of my backplate under the wing to off set it. Just food for thought, It sounds pretty decent. Should try it?
Chris

Your wing will balance it out, there's no need for weight on the other side. :)

HybridDiver,

Maybe, no double 80's slung to sling. :wink:

SparticleBrane,

Didn't think it would/will. How does that work?

Michael

More air in the wing on the heavier side. :)

Ahhh, see. I've only dove with the BP/W twice. (Well todays. :p)

I see how that works. Let the wing do the work!

Thanks!

Michael

mwhities:
Not sure, that's why I'm asking here. No point in going doubles if you can't help save yourself.

Michael

Man, you are a trooper! Dont limit yourself. Be a testament to others. Practice reaching the left post with your arm. You will eventually get it!

Tevis:D

I doubt that this is DIR, but some will loosen the belly band/cumberbun by 4 or 5 inches and let the tanks slide up so the manifold is almost above your head. This should bring the knobs more into your reach range as instead of trying to reach in back of your head/shoulder area it is more reaching above and a little behind your head. Then just retighten your belly band/cumberbun.

It takes only a few seconds each way.

ianr33:
Another possibility (although not DIR) would be to use sidemounts

This would be my non-DIR suggestion too. If you seriously cannot reach backmount valves and are equally serious about cave diving sidemount is the logical choice.

I'm not sure how easy it's going to be for him to clip on and manage the hose from his left side. It would be a heck of a lot easier to reach the left post valve than to reach the left hip right with his right hand to clip on or off a tank....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom