Double Tank Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Greeting you masters of diving:

The knowledge base on the discussion board is phenomenal.

Anyone can lead me to where I can purchase double tank rings for my Scubapro BC so I can dive double tanks?

Thank you.

Welcome to the board, Gorji.

You'll probably get a number of replies, but I'll give you the reader's digest version:

Put your BC on eBay and buy a backplate (they're tons of backplate notes on this board, spend some time reading the existing ones first).

Only a backplate will give you the stability required to wear doubles. Though their may be kits to adapt doubles to a BC, they don't work very well and you'll end up going to a backplate sooner or later.

The only variable is how much good money you're going to throw after bad trying to make a BC "work" with doubles.

Trust me, your BC will end up on eBay sooner or later. Don't spend more money on it before selling it; sell it now, buy a backplate.

Roak

Thankyou for your reply. I agree with what you have said.
However I wanted to do this not on a regular basis but only once in a while like when I am in Bonaire and haveunlimited shorediving.

Hi Gorji,
I beleive there is only two ways to go diverite transpac or backplate! Having both i beleive the backplate is the ultimate way to go most will agree!!

NINJA
:ninja:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom