Double fatality - Catalonia, Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Mueren dos submarinistas en Segur de Calafell
Google's translation...
Two divers die in Segur de Calafell

Two people died this Sunday in Segur de Calafell when they were scuba diving off the coast of the town of Baix Penedès. The deceased are two men aged 50 and 56 , residents of Vilafranca del Penedès and El Vendrell, as reported by the Calafell City Council in a message on Twitter.

The accident was reported at 11:02, Efe reports, the time when the 112 emergency phone received a call informing of what happened. The events took place near the port of Segur de Calafell, where a group of people were diving.

One of them, 50 years old and of Spanish nationality, has been found unconscious by the rest of the divers, who have notified the emergency number 112 while they tried to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation maneuvers, which have been unsuccessful . It was the neighbor of Vilafranca .

At the same time, the group has missed another diver , which is why the maritime police of the Mossos d'Esquadra have been activated to search for him.

The agents have also found that other diver, 56 years old and of Spanish nationality, unconscious , without the resuscitation maneuvers that have been carried out having been able to save his life.

According to the investigation, they were inexperienced divers who began scuba diving by doing a baptism .

“According to the investigation, they were inexperienced divers who began scuba diving by doing a baptism .”
What is this fresh Hell?”

I looked it up, it is like a try Scuba, but in open ocean instead of swimming pool. Gawd.
Scuba Diving Baptism in Menorca | Menorca Diferente
I wondered if it was a translation error. Thanks for looking into it. So someone furnished gear and fills to non-certified divers?

It’s discover scuba diving. An instructor goes as well after some class theory.

So they were doing the 'discover scuba' when they perished?

I wondered if it was a translation error. Thanks for looking into it. So someone furnished gear and fills to non-certified divers?

Like the USA in 1955

So they were doing the 'discover scuba' when they perished?
Sounds like form of it. Mention was made of other divers so it wasn't just them

“According to the investigation, they were inexperienced divers who began scuba diving by doing a baptism .”
What is this fresh Hell?”

I looked it up, it is like a try Scuba, but in open ocean instead of swimming pool. Gawd.
Scuba Diving Baptism in Menorca | Menorca Diferente

Isn't that just discover scuba? My first time on scuba was doing a discover dive off the big island. I don't recall any pool time prior to the open water dive but it's been more than a minute so I could be forgetting something.

Isn't that just discover scuba? My first time on scuba was doing a discover dive off the big island. I don't recall any pool time prior to the open water dive but it's been more than a minute so I could be forgetting something.
I did Discover twice while on Windjammer cruises in the 1990s. In the Caribbean, rules are seen as suggestions.

One was a short class, pool exercises, then an ocean dive with another student for a bud. She freaked, wouldn't descend, and they told me to go down alone. Amazingly I survived.

The other time was with a DM or Inst for a bud who told me to let him work my BC controls. That time was safer, but I still didn't know the risks. My third dive was to 100 feet. I came home from that trip and enrolled in a real class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom