Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm:
Can you wear TWO spareair, and still be a dork diver? I mean, really, redundancy is ideal - twice the air, twice the safety.

And good trim means balanced...

PePaw:
If you're not a Dork, can you still join the club ?:huh:

You have a "Skipper" avitar! Of course you can!

Dave

How about a sub forum? No flaming allowed - period.

Teamcasa:
Membership is automatically bestowed to any diver that played a musical in school.
Um, just wondering here, but was that supposed to be:
Membership is automatically bestowed to any diver that played a musical instrument in school.
...or perhaps...
Membership is automatically bestowed to any diver that played in a musical in school.
Of course, since I played the 'bone *and* had parts in several musicals (including the prank-that-went-wrong trash can part), I guess I'd pass regardless.

I was a bit disturbed by the "Dork Divers like diving in warm tropical seas." line item, as it sounded like Hazelnuts were disallowed, but the FAQ clarification included the note "We know that diving in lakes, quarries, ponds, reservoirs and cold seas can also be fun." I can imagine the fun that would be available in warm tropical seas, so I'm down with that.

(Good thing, too, as I'd hate to have to sell my pink gear. :D)

ClayJar:
Um, just wondering here, but was that supposed to be:...or perhaps...Of course, since I played the 'bone *and* had parts in several musicals (including the prank-that-went-wrong trash can part), I guess I'd pass regardless.

I was a bit disturbed by the "Dork Divers like diving in warm tropical seas." line item, as it sounded like Hazelnuts were disallowed, but the FAQ clarification included the note "We know that diving in lakes, quarries, ponds, reservoirs and cold seas can also be fun." I can imagine the fun that would be available in warm tropical seas, so I'm down with that.

(Good thing, too, as I'd hate to have to sell my pink gear. :D)

As a fellow trombone slider, I hope you can excuse my poor writing skills!:wink:
In addition, If you like Geocaching, your membership is assured!:rofl3:

I don't know what a Hazelnut is, so I can't comment.

Dave

Retro:
How about a sub forum? No flaming allowed - period.

This has been asked before, maybe our resident, Floppy Ear Mod can give us a hand!:D

Dave

Teamcasa:
This has been asked before, maybe our resident, Floppy Ear Mod can give us a hand!:D

Dave

El Orans is the one who does the sub-forum black magic :wink: First we have to show a need and prove that there will actually be "traffic" in the forum. Dork Diving clearly has a lot of interest BUT so far the regular board has sufficient forums for the thread(s) and in theory there isn't supposed to be any flaming on the board in the first place.

Can I stop being logical and go back to being a dork now? :blinking:
Ber :lilbunny:

Teamcasa:
As a fellow trombone slider, I hope you can excuse my poor writing skills! :wink:
I hope they're not poor because you sat in the front row of the trombone section. I believe helmets were mandated around the time my group exited band class. :D
Teamcasa:
In addition, If you like Geocaching, your membership is assured! :rofl3:
Hehe, one of these days, my Waverunner will be operational again, and then my scubacache in Toledo Bend can finally be placed! Muahaha!

Teamcasa:
I don't know what a Hazelnut is, so I can't comment.
We don't even have a thread yet, and only the most cursory explanation is provided on our organization's site, but... http://www.hazelnutscuba.org/

I forgot to ask Dave. I was asked to not join the band because my skills were, how to put this, beyond what could be taught in 4 years. I've had people cover their ears while I was playing air guitar. Still cool to be a DD?

merxlin:
I forgot to ask Dave. I was asked to not join the band because my skills were, how to put this, beyond what could be taught in 4 years. I've had people cover their ears while I was playing air guitar. Still cool to be a DD?

Mike, Its always cool!:wink:

Dave

Back
Top Bottom