Doria Artifact!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pumpkin King

Contributor
Reaction score
No real point to this post other than to share my excitement. My wife bought me a bowl from the Andrea Doria recovered by Gary Gentile for my birthday. It's great! I figured at least on the board, people would understand. All of my friends say, "You got a....bowl..."
Oh well :D To be a diver is to be misunderstood by non-divers, I guess.:11doh:

Have a great day.

Do you know what she had to pay for it? What does it say on it?

Class unspecified
clear glass cereal bowls (3 inches across base, 5-1/2 inches across top) ($100 each)
(each bowl is embossed with “Duralex” and “Made in France”)

Photo?

Be cool to see it!

And Happy Birthday!

i know where ya can get all you can find/carry for 1500 :)

doria_bowl.jpg

My wife does not dive. My best shot was promoting swimming with dolphins; then she reads an old Skin Diver that I had which says the best way to interact is by snorkeling. Oh well! :wink: She's very supportive, though.

Diesel, I would LOVE to do the Doria, but I am realistically so far from that...it will be a decade or two before I'm there and the reports on the condition of her make it seem like I never will. All I can do is take classes and dive and hope.

Thanks for the photo.

Artifacts are very cool. That's one of the coolest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom