Dor Iv Anilao may 19-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron:
I only care about diving with PPD on this trip but don't want to pay extra if I don't need to. I'm guessing others feel the same way. If Divenet costs more than AVs normal price, what is the benefit?
well put eric! rates! rates! rates! rates!

Jag

chocolate mints po, kuya jonix. now i'm confused... 19th or 20th... hmmm... i'll see how this thread develops first. i'll text van, ish. i think she has a take home exam deadline today.

@coya: deadline for final answer?

iris_ice:
chocolate mints po, kuya jonix. now i'm confused... 19th or 20th... hmmm... i'll see how this thread develops first. i'll text van, ish. i think she has a take home exam deadline today.

@coya: deadline for final answer?
dunno yet.

@IRIS: I thought we're rooming together???

@TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: Aren't we all staying together in one resort and get a good rate because of the volume? Besides, it'll be nice at night to be together in one place, let's play truth or consequence for ish & mike!!!

Halthron:
I've added a day to mine (arriving Fri night), added room preference and included number of dives.

There've been several questions about who is diving with Divenet and others asking which would be cheaper. Can we get prices involved for diving with Divenet? I only care about diving with PPD on this trip but don't want to pay extra if I don't need to. I'm guessing others feel the same way. If Divenet costs more than AVs normal price, what is the benefit?

you know it gets quite exasperating when asked about rates when you guys know the norm in Anilao. Some of you have been diving in Aquaventure the past months; nothing has changed.

However, here are the rates (no discounts, I don't ask for any discounts), if we don't dive, somebody else will take our place. We are not the only divers. If they accommodate us it means they are bumping somebody else, especially in May -

Divenet rates - (peak rates)
P600/dive if 4 in a boat; P800 per dive if 2-3 in a boat; minimum 2 dives

@Eric - benefit diving with Divenet? They'll see to it that you'll have a safe dive. Divenet has been asking me who are the divers with issues...least experienced so that they can group them and go to dive sites with no down/strong currents. No, Cathedral is off the list unless you want it.

How do I tell Divenet if some of you have issues/still have issues diving? But if some of the guys want to go diving outside the outfit, you still can. Jai is coming over and still has room for 4 more divers.

Nobody is forcing anybody here to dive with them.

No one is but there wasn't much data behind the costs/benefits. Thank you for posting that, I'm sure it will help everyone make their own decision.

The main reason I see going with a dive shop is to take advantage of the group rates. But this is a big enough group that that doesn't really apply so the next best reason, DM quality, comes into play. I don't know who, if any of the PPD would be willing to act as unofficial DMs / guides for dives (I'll volunteer for the helicopter site :D ). But it seems that for a full boat, the cost of using Divenet is more expensive by 200PhP per person per dive, compared to using AVs DMs, 300PhP more than having volunteers. I won't compare quality since I've never dove with Divenet, the extra cost may be warranted.

Maybe we should get a feel for those people willing to volunteer.

okay let's talk about rooms this time. my roommates:

iris
van
aimee
boljak
ish

wag na pikon, coya :D

my concern is the room and not whom to dive as of now hehehe.

koya, teka eto pampakalma lol.

ishbaby:
my concern is the room and not whom to dive as of now hehehe.

koya, teka eto pampakalma lol.
must resist comment.......

Back
Top Bottom