• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

DOR 4 Photo Comp?

Discussion in 'Dive-O-Rama' started by shugar, Apr 8, 2006.

1. clgsamson

clgsamson Koya Kap

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Cath, yes I've read the manual but I think I have to read it again:). I can probably answer some of your queries only after my test dives/pix. I also got a headache reading the manual.

re#9. try adjusting aperture if you want depth of field.

2. midwestdvr

midwestdvr Photographer

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Pak pretty much answered it all for you, cathy. I don't use full manual with the strobe but rather the external auto. I just match the aperture setting of the camera (using manual controls when I dive) and the strobe settings and shoot. If too dark or too bright, I adjust the aperture number on the back of the strobe as needed. I've tried s-ttl with my old a70 and didn't really like the results. Nothing wrong with it but I felt I wasn't getting the kind of lighting I wanted.

As for the strobe making the rig heavy on one side, I found a solution for that. The stack of lenses on one side balances the other.

[​IMG]

3. CLA

CLA Solo Diver

Thanks pak, Caloy and Midwest for all you helpful suggestions. You were right Jam, they were quick. PPD photogs are the best!

I'll practice some more this long weekend and maybe post some pics that you can critique. ike Caloy, I'll post the good and the bad so you can tell me how to improve. Been down with this strobe a couple of times but most of my initial attempts were really depressing. Anyway, with your help I hope my next dives will be more productive.

Have a safe holy weekend everyone!

Cathy

4. clgsamson

clgsamson Koya Kap

Hi Cathy, why don't you join us for the DOR IV. We have 2 of the best photogs in SB coming in including the master...it will be a very informative DOR, photo wise.

5. Mike Veitch

Mike Veitch Dive Charter

6. clgsamson

clgsamson Koya Kap

This might well be a DOR Babes event eh...

Mikey, are you done with your arrangements?

7. Mike Veitch

Mike Veitch Dive Charter

i think so....

just got to arrange hotel in Manila..

Most people live around Ortigas? I am thinkin of stayin there for Wed night? good or bad plan?

8. clgsamson

clgsamson Koya Kap

9. CLA

CLA Solo Diver

I really wish I could Caloy but I'll be going to 2bba on the 26th and can't miss work the week before my trip. Kailangan ko din kumayod to sustain this expensive hobby of ours. Anyway I'm confident that after their first fateful meeting, Mike will have reason to keep coming back here more often :wink: .

I'll try to make it to at least one DOR in the latter half of 2006.

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Solo Diver

Caloy, I have one of those too! You will have fun with it... too bad I can't make it to DOR IV...