Doomed Dacor Regulator, Trade In potential?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

0844E62C-4D0A-406C-9757-E7DE9BFBBB35.jpeg
FB78B26F-812D-4D2E-A9BC-A55A0097A27A.jpeg
32CC72AB-D883-46C6-A450-28D428EEE4E6.jpeg
F902E98B-07D4-4013-B32C-A8F9A6C50A2D.jpeg
Bubblesong, yes, I ask because these are very simple regs to work on. I use several of these 960's, 460's and 260's and have been a Dacor fan of the Pacer series for years. I still have and use the first Dacor 960 reg I bought in the mid 80's. I learned to do my own service and repairs because it seemed every time I had them done they came back worse than they went in,, possibly due to the tech's not being familiar with them or just plain sloppy. Its not a good sign either when you get your tank back from a vip and the yolk face is all smooshed from the tech using a cresent wrench across the face instead of on the base of it. The HP seat does not always need to be replaced nor does the balance chamber on the other end of the seat. The diaphram can easily be replaced if needed with one made from a sheet of material from McMastercarr that you can cut out with scissors. No shop will service them most likely due to no parts kits available from their normal regular suppliers and there is probably only a few old timer tech's who are willing to work on these old Dacor's. You can still get parts but you have to search them out and buy what you need. If you would like to keep your 960 in use I can provide you with more specific information and walk you through it. If not, I would be happy to buy it from you.
@Bubblesong If you don't mind, it would be nice to see a picture of the setup.
Are these pix giving a good assessment of first stage? Reg looks shiny and new, but there is green corrosion at hose.

View attachment 492888 View attachment 492886 View attachment 492884 View attachment 492885

Are these pix giving a good assessment of first stage? Reg looks shiny and new, but there is green corrosion at hose.
Do you have an intermediate pressure gauge? if so, check the IP to see where it is at and if it is stable and not creeping up higher. There are 4 specific tools needed for disassembly in addition to a few general tools. A pin spanner wrench to remove the diaphram cap with the two holes in it, a pair of snap ring pliers thin enough to get the snap ring out at the filter disc, a flat spanner tool to remove the swivel turret stem and a 1 inch socket with a 3/8 drive to get the high pressure assembly out. Also, I would recommend doing away with hose protectors as they trap and hold water inside. At a minimum you should slide the hose protector back off the connection for washing and drying but then they wear quicker and you wind up removing them anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom