Don't wax this dry suit zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you like to suit otherwise

I really like my bare Nex Gen, except for the one zipper that I have had to replace already, as stated, and ignoring any future problems with the new zip. Fits me well ( off the rack ) bulletproof according to the LDS that has them in her rental system, touch wood, all seals are good after 85 dives ( 2.5 years ) I have dry gloves ( with the rings ) that work very well, so far, so good

I have a metal zipper which is still going on been using it for 4 yrs now

Just to finish this thread off, I went in to the LDS that was telling me not to wax my Tizip. They phoned Bare when I showed them the internet information saying it needed waxing.

Bare confirmed that they do recommend waxing the ends and lightly on the teeth, news apparently to my LDS . Bottom line, it's all sorted out and Bare is sending me some wax and also wax for the LDS rental suits that have the Tizips.

All zips must be lubed!! Wax on the metal ones and silicone grease on the TiZips. All zips must also be cleaned after evey dive trip and store open. They will last as long as you look after them.

Go to TIZIP waterproof zippers and click on Service.

They clearly have the second photo with ZipTech wax used to lubricate the teeth. As well, you should use their silicone grease on the tips.

"Acid free, grease or oil lubricants may be used." - Thus, I assume wax is fine for the chain-tips.

Yeah, I know this is an old thread, but I just got my Nex-Gen Pro in, and I got paranoid with all the differing opinions. :confused:

Welcome to my paranoia, wax / don't wax, zipper ends / the complete zipper, store suit zipped up / store suit not zipped

BTW, Tizip instructions say store it zipped, personally, I think unzipped would be better but that just seems to make better sense to me,

have fun with your NexGen, make sure you read the thread on venting

Haha, Tizip says to store it zipped and the BARE manual says to store it unzipped :idk: But I'm thinking I'll store it partially unzipped.

I read the thread on venting problems and checked my suit. Considering my underlayer, I don't think I'll have that problem, but we shall see.

Haha, Tizip says to store it zipped and the BARE manual says to store it unzipped :idk: But I'm thinking I'll store it partially unzipped.
..snip..

I wouldn't do that. I left mine partially unzipped for some time and the track started to form a kink at the slider position. I recommend you choose either fully open or fully closed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom