Don't replace a neck seal in a hurry...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattjm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I did a beautiful job replacing my CF200 neck seal (considering I only had the ring on the seal, and couldn't get the suit clamped down flat)...

...But I glued the seal inside the suit...right side out. So once it's pulled through the neck opening...it's inside out.

Anyone see a problem with diving it this way? Other than my buddies making fun of me for gluing the seal on inside out? Is it more likely to leak with the shiny side in? If it matters, this is a USIA neck seal.

On a slightly related note, when I did my buddy's CF200, I didn't have so much trouble getting the neck part of the suit flat to tape on the installation ring. Mine is a 2000 model and his is probably at least 4 years older. Did DUI start putting a slight taper on at some point, or did I just not try hard enough this time?

Matt

Last edited:
I dove it this morning. 2 dives, about 35 minutes each. No leaks. Seems OK so far...

Should be fine. Some drysuit makers recommend wrist seals be installed with the measurement rings inside; some recommend outside; same for shiny side versus dull side. Doesn't appear to matter.

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom