Don't need all the gear as a newbie, but... :oD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way, change that "# of Dives" in your profile from "none--not certified" to "0-24" or whatever the first option is. Kudos!
Thanks for the reminder. Turns out there was a bunch of stuff in there I could update - which was nice. Made me feel like there's progress! (Even though I'm still just a baby diver...)

Then you need steel tanks.....

Then you need a dryuit......

New fins for the drysuit.......

Then you need doubles........

New wing for the doubles.....

Doubles set of regs......

Then better light......

Ohhhh the rabbit hole.

Gotta have tanks now since you've got everything else. After all, it's inconvenient to detour to the dive shop to rent tanks when you just have limited time to go diving. And you may as well get a bunch of tanks you can rotate around since you don't want to be waiting around for fills.

And suddenly there are fewer excuses to not go diving, which is the whole idea isn't it?

Gotta have tanks now since you've got everything else. After all, it's inconvenient to detour to the dive shop to rent tanks when you just have limited time to go diving. And you may as well get a bunch of tanks you can rotate around since you don't want to be waiting around for fills.

And suddenly there are fewer excuses to not go diving, which is the whole idea isn't it?
Actually, if I did that, and got a few weights, I wouldn't even have any reason to stop by the LDS anymore and be tempted to buy more stuff.

Maybe buying a couple tanks would be a cost *saving* measure over time... :crafty:

(Turns out you can find a way to justify just about anything...)

Be careful getting a tank, they reproduce asexually and tend to multiply once in a safe and loving home.
I haven't bought a tank because I live three miles from the shop and have open access to the tanks at any time, but if I had known that they reproduce asexually, I would have bought one years ago and become a breeder for profit. How long does it take for a new pup to bud off? Do they need to wean before I sell them?

Skip the flowers... do the laundry... especially folding the socks. Oh, and clean the bathroom....

(And skip the deluxe harness... you dont need it....)

Good decisions on the gear and flowers. I'm generally in favor of holding off a bit on buying, both so that you have time to figure out what you want and just in case your enthusiasm wanes, as it does for many new divers. But you seem on track to get your money's worth. Have fun!

Be careful getting a tank, they reproduce asexually and tend to multiply once in a safe and loving home.

You forget to mention that they take great delight in stealing money from your wallet any chance they get, as well.

I haven't bought a tank because I live three miles from the shop and have open access to the tanks at any time, but if I had known that they reproduce asexually, I would have bought one years ago and become a breeder for profit. How long does it take for a new pup to bud off? Do they need to wean before I sell them?

See above reply.

Be careful getting dive gear, it reproduces asexually and tends to multiply once in a safe and loving home.

Fixed it for you, not sure if it's sexual or asexual reproduction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom