Don't hit the hostages ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I no longer have a need to practice with my pistol.

Thanks to government surplus, all I have to do now is pull the pin, let the handle fly, throw it and run . . .

Grenades rock !!!

the K

Green_Manelishi:
I am still trying to figure out why in a "practical" match, with firearm concealed, I must rest my hands on the door, on the table, etc. Why not have a more realistic place for my hands? I'll leave it up to the comedians of SCUBABoard to determine where that might be :wink:

Get yourself a beautiful, shapely female and your scenario is she's married to a jealous man :D Lots of practical scenarios in that one :eyebrow:

"This is my weapon, this is my gun..." LOL!
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Get yourself a beautiful, shapely female and your scenario is she's married to a jealous man :D Lots of practical scenarios in that one :eyebrow:

"This is my weapon, this is my gun..." LOL!

I think my wife would not want to be a prop in a shoot-no-shoot scenario.

Are you volunteering to be the beautiful shapely female? Will this be before or after the bull riding stunt busts you up? :eyebrow:

CBulla:
I'm looking for deck-gun scenerios with my sail boat.
icosm14.gif
does your sailboat has the space for a 14" cannon?:D

Ah, I can hear Colin now . . . !!!!

Arrrghhh, me soddy mates!!! Be ye a mannin the frd gun !!!

3 pints to starbrd she lies . . . .

Arrrrrghghghgghg !!!!

Actually, Colin, there are giant sling shots made with brackets that attach to the gunwale that allows one to launch water balloons at other craft.

the K

14" cannon, yes.. she's a 26 footer.. With the jib down there is room on the bow, with both sails out, there is room aft on either side. :)

Kracken - I can just imagine my lil boat launching baloons... its great fun till my wife says we have to go skim them all out of the Gulf before a turtle eats one and dies.... but somehow that would turn into a game to!

Green_Manelishi:
I think my wife would not want to be a prop in a shoot-no-shoot scenario.

Are you volunteering to be the beautiful shapely female? Will this be before or after the bull riding stunt busts you up? :eyebrow:

There you go, marrying a woman who has some sense :wink: I, on the other hand, am always game for an adventure! I told my husband on one occasion "Let's go, it'll be fun! You only live once!" to which he replied "You go right ahead, I'll watch. You only die once too." Time's getting close for the bull riding so it would have to be after, and it's not going to bust me up :D

Its all due to safety and an equal starting point. (Bearing in mind that I have not shot IPDA and have not shot IPSC in something like 12 years)

Green_Manelishi:
Last night we did (non sanctioned) IDPA style shooting.

It does not help one's score if all the bullets hit the hostage directly and the bad guy is not hit at all. No, that was not me that did that. All of my shots hit the bad guys.

I was told that it was not acceptable, in one scenario, to push 3.5" of ATS-34 into the bad guy's throat.

I am still trying to figure out why in a "practical" match, with firearm concealed, I must rest my hands on the door, on the table, etc. Why not have a more realistic place for my hands? I'll leave it up to the comedians of SCUBABoard to determine where that might be :wink:

Locked and loaded. Dive well, shoot straight. Be safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom