Don't Go Boat Diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
...without watching this video and telling me what you think. I need some new diver opinions about what you're seeing here, if you don't mind.

I should admit to you that I didn't shoot this video expecting to use this stuff in an instructional format. Fact is the underwater conditions that day were BAD so I got carried away with the surface stuff. Except for one shot, everything is as it happened. The tag line for the video is:

A short video on the basics of small boat diving, east coast style. Large dive boats have lots of room and divers. Small boats don't. This video covers small boat basics including safety rules of boat operation, storing and setting up dive gear, kitting up, entering the water, tying in the anchor, using a wreck reel and navigating on a wreck. Gas planning and the hazards of wreck diving are also discussed.

And YES, the swarthy squid at the wheel is none other than Wil, while the dastardly diver in the back is RAD Diver. I have an out takes reel for this dive and maybe if someone convinces me I could post it provided a couple of guys I know don't mind, lol...

[vimeo]10626933[/vimeo]

ENJOY!

That was excellent. Thank you for producing and posting it. Having only dove from the twin hull catamaran type boats they have in the Keys, I am curious what the weight capacity is of the ladder. That looks kinda spindly compared to the catamaran ladders.

At the end of the clip it says to keep your reg in your mouth as you climb into the boat but that diver isn't doing that.

That was excellent. Thank you for producing and posting it. Having only dove from the twin hull catamaran type boats they have in the Keys, I am curious what the weight capacity is of the ladder. That looks kinda spindly compared to the catamaran ladders.

Thanks for the nice comment. Yes, it's a "fins on" ladder common to the east coast. Basically a hinged 3 inch diameter 6 FT tall vertical pipe with 2 inch diameter 2 FT wide rungs, all of 1/4 inch diameter stainless steel or aluminum. The rungs are open so your fins slide right in. It's plenty sturdy.

At the end of the clip it says to keep your reg in your mouth as you climb into the boat but that diver isn't doing that.
Hey, thanks for pointing that out in this thread, after someone else pointed it out to you in another thread! I respect and reward originality, especially for people that have so little of it in this beige world of ours! :D

As far as the talent that day, well, it's HARD to get good help. He was the one I lost the bet to about someone noticing it, BTW.

:D

Wow, how do you get that think out the water like that?

Good video!

I wouldn't call that a BAD day at all underwater. Maybe I haven't given it enough effort, but your bad is my good.

I wish I had a Parker like that, nice boat.

That was really good, alway enjoy your videos! Have you ever done one that breaks out your diving configuration, tanks, hoses, tips/tricks? The video looks and sounds real professional, same as the other one you did at Lake Rawling a few weeks ago. Kudos!

Back
Top Bottom