Don’t do illegal fishing in Indonesian water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very showy. Not sure how effective. For those companies owning them, maybe it's just another cost to depreciate? Probably there is some manager a-hole sitting in an office somewhere with a spreadshseet calculating the average number of trips they can do before getting caught, the profits for each trip and the cost of the boat vs. the cost of bribes.

Sorry for my cynicism.

- Bill
This used to be a show of force indeed. Only one of the many steps which has been taken against illegal fishing. And there are 10.000 foreign vessels LESS in Indonesian water now, according to the Ministry of Fishery. Great job, Ibu Susi.

Last edited:
“Bomb the boats and feed the fish....”

Great work on the part of a FEW people in the Indonesian government who are willing to take the risk to do something about this.

Not sure this is the right approach given the possibility of marine pollution and ghost nets, but I do like to see serious action taken. We in the States confiscate vessels used in drug transport. Maybe we should do the same with boats that poach!

"Bribery" never exists in the country?
Not according to my personal experience.
Just type "corruption in Indonesia" on line and you will have a field day. Enjoy.
But you will never find Ibu Susi.

But you will never find Ibu Susi.
Hard to believe! You really believe she is the odd one out in such a corrupted country! I won't even give her the "benefit of the doubt" because this term does not exist in Indonesia.

Crony capitalism.

my personal view is indonesia is more corrupted now than under suharto.

Coruption is no longer centralised but decentralised. More levels to feed.

They just make it seem cleaner through the use of "agents"

my personal view is indonesia is more corrupted now than under suharto.

Coruption is no longer centralised but decentralised. More levels to feed.

They just make it seem cleaner through the use of "agents"

Things seem to be better under Jokowi & Susi. Time will tell.

You already see more new airport builts & less hassle passing through their customs & immigration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom