donsol and whalesharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
its that time of year that's a real chore, deciding where to go diving next :D:D

i have done a lot of diving around Asia but have never been to the Philippines..

so, i am looking at heading there in the first week of may. would this be a good time to see the whale sharks of donsol? ive heard the season finishes in may. has anyone been there at this time of year?

also if someone could let me know how to get there from singapore. i would like to use airasia if possible?

I think Cebu Pacific from Singapore to Legaspi is the best bet.
The problem with Air Asia is they fly into Clark Manila.

on the subject of airlines, could someone let me know a list of airlines that fly to the philippines?

i have a 20kg video setup so im trying to work out the cheapest route even if it means flying airasia to get to manila, they have a good baggage allowance for luggage and sports equip (well as good as it gets) then out from there..

on the subject of airlines, could someone let me know a list of airlines that fly to the philippines?

i have a 20kg video setup so im trying to work out the cheapest route even if it means flying airasia to get to manila, they have a good baggage allowance for luggage and sports equip (well as good as it gets) then out from there..

Where are you flying from ?

Same as the top mate, singapore or I could get a cheap flight to kl if it makes it easier?

Ah sorry, didn't notice your location in the first post, might of been able to help you if it had been from the UK. I'm flying to Manila in a few weeks and got an allowance of 2 x 23kg check in baggage plus 12kg hand luggage.

who was that with pal? airasia is pretty good with the luggage situation. are you making any domestic flights around the philippines? cebu pacific doesnt look to bad though to be honest.

I fly from Manchester in the UK to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam (Holland), then onto Manila using KLM airline, this is not a viable option for you due to the extra distance involved.

Hi, your best option to fly with Cebu pacific where you can buy extra allowance. I will be in Cam Sur in April/May planning to go to Caramoan peninsula, Donsol and Sumaoy check out Steady Eddie as it is the only dive operation in that region he has an office in Legaspi as well.
Will be flying with KLM as well
Enjoy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom