donsol accom and dive centres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lone diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi philippine divers,
i will be in donsol around the 14th april, looking at staying near the whale shark tourist centre. Could anyone suggest somewhere to stay as i have emailed a few places with no reply. Also a recomendation of who to dive with would also be a great help.

thanks heaps everyone
lone diver

Just stayed at Amor Farm Beach Resort. Very comfortable and pleasant. Aircon or fan rooms/bungalows. Right on the beach. 10 minute walk or 3 minute tricycle ride to visitors centre. Recommended.

They can arrange diving through the resort or you can look around at a few operators in the area. You are aware it is only snorkeling with the whale sharks? That's all coordinated through the visitor centre. I didn't scuba dive, just hired a weight belt from one of the dive operators. The vis is not great at the moment due plankton, then again, that's why the whale sharks are around. A mate did do a few dives and was lucky enough to see a manta and a shark (non whale shark variety...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the info did u see any whalesharks what did the accomadation costs how did u get to donsel
thanks lone diver

Hi

Also just got back from Donsol and also stayed at Amor and can recommend it. Donsol is a pretty small place you can check out the various resorts and choose a place. I paid 1800 PHP for the nicest room in Amor. The range is 400 PHP (rooms in Donsol town) to a bit over 2000 PHP at Vitton. I think there's a newer fancier resort further down the beach, but I didn't see it myself.

I flew to Legazpi City from Manila on Cebu Pacific, then took a tricycle from the airport (50 PHP) to the Terminal in Legazpi City. At the terminal I caught a van (minibus) to Donsol (65 PHP) and another tricycle to Amor (price varies from 15 to 30 PHP per person - depends on your negotiation skills)

I went snorkeling with the whale sharks twice, saw 4 whale sharks on the first day and 5 on the other day. The first sighting was best - the shark (about 4.5 meters) stayed for at least 20 minutes swimming very slowly and near the surface. Some other sharks (as large as 9 meters) took off into the murky depths as soon as the group of swimmers/snorkelers reached them.

P3221003.JPG

I went diving with Steady Eddie - right across from the Whaleshark interaction center, but did not see mantas. Divers in my group saw a whitetip reef shark. I saw some jacks, fusiliers and a sea snake. Diving was not so exciting otherwise compared to other spots in the Philippines.

wow thanks for the info sound good as i will be in cebu i will make my way to donsil from cebu
thanks lone diver

Back
Top Bottom