Done!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations Sail!!! It is a great feeling when you accomplish something that you have worked so hard to complete. I just finished a DMC and suggested to her something I will suggest to you. Now that you're done, take the time to think about what kind of DM you want to be. You have had the chance to intern under an Instructor (or more) and have gained their insight and wisdom about what you should do and know and how to behave when interacting with students. Now think about how to infuse your personality into what YOU believe a DM should be. How you wish to interact with students. How you can personally enrich their diving experience. You don't have to be a carbon copy of your Instructor (not that that is a bad thing). Sometimes people spend so much time trying to emulate their teachers that they don't always discover the "teacher within". How do you want the students to interact with you? Are you heavy handed or more light spirited? How would you work with a student who is having a problem in a way that maximizes your teaching ability and personality?

The work of becoming a DM is behind you but take a moment to think about what you want to contribute to diving in your own way. Congratulations again!!!

Thank you all, as part of our final skills test our instructor had us all instruct him in the basic water skills and he pulled the IE stuff on us, (pretended to be a complete knucklehead). I have never laughed so hard underwater in my life. I learned even more about patience and persistence and communication. I love this stuff and cant wait to take the IDC.

Let see the type of Instructor I would be:

whatever it takes to make divers that never have to complain about poor training or not being prepared for a dive or a near miss that to the rest of us seem lame and training related. To produce divers that dive!!! to inspire my awe of the undersea world and to have as much fun in as safe a manner as is reasonable.

I love to blow bubbles, even in a Green gooey pond the size of a city park. maybe that will change some day, but for now I am very happy. :dancingsnoopy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom