Donate Scuba Gear in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GameChanger

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a bunch of scuba gear that I can bring with me to Coz in early June and donate to a local worthy cause. (Not a Dive Op...)
Some of it is brand new and has never been used. (Dive Rite BP/W that was a raffle prize).
I have some ScubaPro fins, masks, snorkels, compass, slates, DSMB with spool, an Oceanic Geo computer, and more that are all in great shape.
Is there such a thing in Coz?

I have a bunch of scuba gear that I can bring with me to Coz in early June and donate to a local worthy cause. (Not a Dive Op...)
Some of it is brand new and has never been used. (Dive Rite BP/W that was a raffle prize).
I have some ScubaPro fins, masks, snorkels, compass, slates, DSMB with spool, an Oceanic Geo computer, and more that are all in great shape.
Sell it here and send them $$

Great idea!

Perhaps send it to https://www.diveheart.org/

Good suggestion! I just do not want to deal with the hassle of selling gear (taking & posting pics, back & forth negotiations, packing & shipping, etc). I actually tried to donate it to a local dive shop that sponsors a Boy Scout dive group, but since they sell gear, they were not at all interested...

Great idea!

Perhaps send it to Diveheart home - Diveheart

Understand. I my experience, Dive Heart will take physical donations -- you would not need to sell it and then make a monetary donation. Check with them directly.

We have donated used/not needed gear to Diveheart before.

They are such a worthy cause, and very appreciative of the donations.

You might consider the orphanage on Cozumel, Ciudad de Angeles. They have kids up through high school age and beyond (we had a tour from a resident who was starting college) and they seem to have a really nice program.

I'm not sure if he does anything with it or not but Jorge from Cozumel Marine World is about as straight as they come - there is a school here that deals with PADI and I think ocean stuff - Cozumel Marine World often has young kids in high school working there learning DM skills and moving on to instructors.......

The school Chuck is talking about is Cetmar 33

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom