Dominica - Our Thoughts and Prayers are With You

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was only 20 months ago (dec 2013) that Dominica got hit with a huge rainstorm and resultant floods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hoping the Island gets on it's feet soon-------looks like a lot of problems there........Anyone heard of how Castle Comfort Lodge faired???.....tia......

We stayed at Ft Young this past February and my heart is breaking seeing the devastation that Erika has brought. It is such a beautiful island both above and below. We traveled the whole island and everywhere we went everyone was very friendly and helpful. Praying that they make a speedy recovery.
Here is a picture that I took while there and also a picture I stole from the internet showing the rage of Erika.

dominica1.jpgdominica2.jpg

Hoping the Island gets on it's feet soon-------looks like a lot of problems there........Anyone heard of how Castle Comfort Lodge faired???.....tia......

We stayed at Ft Young this past February and my heart is breaking seeing the devastation that Erika has brought. It is such a beautiful island both above and below. We traveled the whole island and everywhere we went everyone was very friendly and helpful. Praying that they make a speedy recovery.
Here is a picture that I took while there and also a picture I stole from the internet showing the rage of Erika.

The link below gives a status report on the island and tourism and accommodations and it says that Ft Young and Castle Comfort are currently operational:

Request for Report on Operational Status from Accommodation and Tourism Service Providers | CBN4

It also provides suggestions for offering help including making contributions at the Go Fund Me page:

We encourage members of the public, both here and abroad, to participate in our recovery and rebuilding process by volunteering time, donating water, nonperishable food items and medial supplies and/or contributing financial resources (locally) to the Dominica Red Cross, Federation Drive, Goodwill, Dominica, contact telephone 1-767-448-8280 / 440-2483 / 615-8414 or email directorgeneral@redcross.dm and (internationally) through the GoFundMe.com page: TS Erika Relief Fund for Dominica URL: T.S. Erika Relief Fund for Dominica by Cdoa Dominica - GoFundMeendorsed by the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica.

Thanks Kathy for that info..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom