Dolphin Sighting - Invisibles Dive Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After hundreds of dives in Cozumel, we caught a brief glimpse of one two years ago. It was just luck that we looked in the right direction at the right time.

Actually @uncfnp and I will be diving Socorro in 2021. With you!

Wow. I don't know you are @uncfnp significant other. The pressure is on. :D

I chose May because it's supposedly baitball season where we would see the gathering of sharks, dolphins and other pelagics that would be feasting on the baitballs from below and seabirds plunging from above. Also it's the season for huge pregnant whalesharks that like to cruise around Socorro around that time, so the experts say. Hopefully your good luck continue to rub on the rest of us for this trip. :)

image.jpeg

FYI: I had a conversation with one of the employees at Dive Friends yesterday. He said there were dolphins spotted around Sand Dollar too.

that is so cool. My wife and daughter saw them on the way back from a dive in the boat (Captain Don's July '19) and they played the whole way back. My wife was so excited that she forgot to take the red lens off. I was unfortunately at Bruce Bawkers getting my reg fixed and missed it all.

Super pics and cool experience underwater.captain don dolphin.JPG

My last trip to Roatan we were teased by a pod begging us to try to take this needle fish away from them.....

245.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

249.jpg

250.jpg

251.jpg

I tell people going to Roatan to always carry s bandana when they dive. The pods will play tag with you if you give it to them.

Bottlenose dolphins in Socorro are not skittish. They like to play with divers. They would swim vertically near us, as if imitating us, as you see in my video. The odds to see them there underwater are very good. That's why I recommend divers, who have never been lucky to see them underwater in the wild, to go to Socorro.
Or Rangiroa - they came to play with us on most dives outside of Tiputa Pass. It is a magical thing to see them as the Op did - and even more so when they hang around and interact. They actually stopped right in front of you and liked you to scratch their bellies. A few unedited clips from early October:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom