Dollar/Ren value...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PolsVoice

Reaction score
I'm investigating dives in South Africa and am finding a lot of the costs in Ren. What is the going exchange rate for USD/Ren?

- PolsVoice

PolsVoice:
I'm investigating dives in South Africa and am finding a lot of the costs in Ren. What is the going exchange rate for USD/Ren?

- PolsVoice

In the spirit of the Rainbow Nation, allow me to answer this one. The current Rand/Dollar exchange rate is bouncing around the 7.20 mark. (We were as low as R6.30ish to the Dollar. Then we decided to have an election this year and the currency market kicked us in the goolies). [Update - we are at 7.01 this morning.]

That means that for $1, you can buy two 340ml Cokes! Now that is value in anyone's language. In fact, if you pop down to your friendly supermarket, you could get as much as 1.5l of Coke for that price (excuse the analogy - I am on diet and an ex-Coca Cola addict).

Your dive is going to cost you no more than $21 (including an airfill, boat ride, competent Skipper and competent DM). The good-natured conversation and friendly people come at no extra charge.

Hope you find the options appealing and come to dive in S.A. If you need further details, SA-Diver, Stallion and myself can help.

Cheers,

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom