Doing my first non-training dive tomorrow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mahhz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm pretty excited! We're going to some mudhole of a lake in southern Oklahoma to do some spearfishing for catfish. If the visibility is too bad, we're gonna hop over to Lake Murray for a little while.

I've got all my gear lined up, making sure I don't forget anything before I load everything up for tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

Cograts, have fun and let us know how it went.

Houston......we have a problem...........

With the addition of my cooler, I don't have enough room for all my stuff! I'm going to have to strap the two tanks in the passenger seat so that I can fit everything in.

This is one of the few times it sucks owning a small two seat sports car, haah

I would love to......Hopefully someone will post up a time when they're going a little in advance to I can make the plans for the drive down.

Whew! We got 5 dives in today, at two different locations.
We went to Veterans Lake in Sulfur, OK, but the visibility was absolutely aweful, most of the time it was 1-2' and occasionally 3'. So we ditched there after 3 dives and went to some privately owned quarry about 35 minutes away. The water was CRYSTAL clear! We were getting close to 35' of visability. Unfotunately the quarry was only 18 feet deep, but we were able to snag a few good catfish. Unfortunately, my gun broke back at Vateran's, so I didn't get any fish. Although I did get to sneak up on a nice 20-25lb Channel Cat that was sleeping at the bottom. All in all, it was a fun day!

Sound like you had a good time! Get down to CSSP sometime. If you can make it, Sat. the 4th is going to be a clan get-together there.

Also, a couple of us are thinking about Broken Bow lake next month. You interested?

I can't make CSSP on the 4th, I'll be diving at Lake Tenkiller, OK for the weekend (going to do my first boat dives.....off my boat), but next month at Broken Bow I'm definately interested depending on what weekend.....keep me informed!

Back
Top Bottom