Doing 4 open water dives.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jetdoc3037

Registered
Reaction score
Newby here, and to scuba diving, haha. I have my referral from a dive shop in Annapolis Md....I am doing my 4 OWD in the Keys, using Conch Republic Dive shop near Key Largo. I am going down next weekend to complete the dives, (I hope I pass).

Just want to say I hope to be joining the scuba community as a PADI diver.

Conch Republic had good reviews on Trip Advisor...

C card= Certification card. Good Luck with your dives! The biggest thing is to just listen to your instructor, relax, calmly do your skills (It's not a race to finish first) & enjoy your dives. You're diving to enjoy yourself.

Very Cool! Enjoy your journey into the amazing underwater world! Just relax and have confidence in yourself. You're about to have a whole new appreciation of our Earth!

Thanks guys...I had so much fun in the pool, so I KNOW scuba diving in the ocean will be awesome. I was going to dive up in Daytona, but this time of year they do the owd's in springs. Not that there is anything wrong with springs, but my g/f and I want to dive the oceans.

And yes, our instructor from Atlantic Edge was very patient and good. He is a Navy guy, and a good teacher. Calm, that was huge with him, and I learned that. The weirdest, prob most difficult part was the removing of the mask. I did well on it, as I opened my eyes in the pool, but it was certainly more uncomfortable than I thought it would be.

Not sure if I will be able to open my eyes in salt water however....seems not..?

I've never been a fan of chlorine and hate it in my eyes. Salt water -- no problem at all. I wash my eyes out with it.

jetdoc, your tears are saltwater so you should be able to at least open your eyes in the ocean, though you probably won't be able to see very well sans mask. It will of course depend upon salt content, some places are more concentrated than others, but most of the oceans and bays I've been in aren't too bad. By the way, if you're looking for a semi-local buddy sometime, PM me and we'll head out. I'm still fairly new, experience wise, but I'd like to get out and dive more often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom