Does United Travel ready recognize Walgreens Rapid IDNow as an acceptable Test?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The United Travel wise site Only states a Molecular PCR test and doed not say NAAT is acceptable. I know Bonaire accepts NAAT but does United know this. Anyone know for sure that United Travel ready will accept?

The United Travel wise site Only states a Molecular PCR test. I know Bonaire accepts NAAT but does United kniw this. Anyone know for sure?
It depends on the gate agent. There is much discussion of this on the Facebook site Bonaire Expats and Visitors COVID-19 Discussion. United says PCR, which is just one type pf NAAT. Bonaire is happy with NAAT, especially ID-NOW. In fact, under Bonaire's new rules (as of Jan 16) if you are fully vaccinated you don't even need the NAAT test, just an antigen test within 24h of departure for Bonaire. United DOES seem to recognize this! Quoting from https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/restrictions-map.html:
1644268286882.png
So, regardless of United's ineptness with PCR vs NAAT, it doesn't matter! Just get an antigen test (professionally done,. not a home test) within 24h of departure and United says you are OK, as does Bonaire. And, the antigen test is cheaper if you have to pay, and definitely faster than a PCR test.

Thanks, We have massive free PCR test sites available and relatively few places for antigen (not even Walgreens or CVS do antigen in Wichita).

Will have to go with PCR test that I usually get results back from in 12 hours znd cross fingers it gets done within 24. After 24 Iwill fork out $189 for an antigen test (antigen cost more here than a PCR since PCR is free in my county.)

Thanks, We have massive free PCR test sites available and relatively few places for antigen (not even Walgreens or CVS do antigen in Wichita).

Will have to go with PCR test that I usually get results back from in 12 hours znd cross fingers it gets done within 24. After 24 Iwill fork out $189 for an antigen test (antigen cost more here than a PCR since PCR is free in my county.)
You have 48h for the PCR to get back to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom