Does this happen everywhere?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now his is actually, alhough not very politely put, quite true.
I HAVE dived with a handful of asian divers (and even an indian female) that was infact just as good as any other diver, and even according to THEM asian divers tend to suck :eek:

It was a joke... kinda weak, but still a joke.. I have never been to Asia.

I've been around some extremely experienced divers. I don't recall any of them bragging about anything. I've been diving long enough to be able to pretty much figure out what's up by just watching them get ready and maybe 10 minutes in the water..

Haven't noticed it here in Halifax, or in NY or the Gulf states. Usual variety of types of people--ei. the odd braggart or so. I've heard this said of musicians as well--probably a somewhat bigger % of braggarts there.

I meant asia from my experiences... sorry for the ambiguity. Thanks for all the replies and i really agree that we all need to have our own filter!

Well, I *have* noticed that the Asian dive guides I have encountered have usually (not always) been prone to a bit more macho in their approach to things than I am used to. Lots of bubbles coming out from their gear? - No problem, I can take it. I got bent? no sweat, I recover fast. Use gear that doesn't fit? No sweat, etc....

Back
Top Bottom