Does this exist???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabrandon

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as red tinted see through stick ons to go inside of a mask to correct the color underwater? I have seen some divers using stick ons that magnify. I am debating this with a friend.

I have seen masks with red tinted lenses.. Personally I want to see as much as possible. Things are dark enough underwater, I don't need to wear sunglasses.

Might be neat in the tropics though..

scubabrandon:
Is there such a thing as red tinted see through stick ons to go inside of a mask to correct the color underwater? I have seen some divers using stick ons that magnify. I am debating this with a friend.

Yes they do make colored lenses. But your eye is not a camera. The eye/brain does a very good job of automatic color corection. If you add a colored filter over your eyes after a few minutes you stop noticing the effect. Or at least ithe effect becomes greatly reduced I've asked divers who use those rose colored lenses and they say it dosn't really work or that "maybe it works a little".

Better to just take a divelight with you

A little bit of phyics: All the filter can do is _subtract_ light. so that red filter removes the non-red light making whatever red light is present only __relativley__ brighter. But it does it by dimming the other colors. Light I said, bring a divelight

Back
Top Bottom