Question Does the perdix AI transmitter itself need to be serviced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
…and if so how often? For example I could imagine a possible o ring sitting between the first stage and transmitter going bad.

If you need a new o-ring, put on a new o-ring. If the transmitter fails, it is gone. No servicing. older models could be refurbished (replaced, actually) for $120 by Oceanic/Huish/PPS. Newer models (SWIFT), I don't know.

…and if so how often? For example I could imagine a possible o ring sitting between the first stage and transmitter going bad.

This is covered in the manual. The Shearwater manuals are quite good. Read and follow them and you'll be OK.

All that it requires is battery replacement, ensure the o-rings remain clean and lubricated, replace o-rings if there is any visible sign of knicks or cuts. Other than normal care, nothing else is required.

1671702808084.png

1671702820492.png

Being electronic, O-rings and batteries are about all that you can do. And they are both pretty cheap.

I remove my transmitters when I take my regulators in for servicing. I replace batteries and o-rings before reinstalling. Simple, and easy to do. Shearwater provides the tools to do this yourself whether it’s a Swift or a PPS transmitter. Perdix battery key fits the PPS transmitters perfectly.

As mentioned, Oceanic/Huish will replace for $120, but only for Oceanic transmitters, or at least only transmitters with a BM serial number prefix.

Changing the batterie (have not had to yet) and the o ring when needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom