Does the lens get jammed on all RX100 models?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the macro on the camera being non-existent, my whole intention was to swap out lenses, but the cumbersome of unscrewing lens, I found it easier just to carry my old panny on a wrist strap exclusively for macros.

I've been using these for years now; they make swapping lenses underwater literally a snap.

Mmm, would it be fare to suggest that your housing is in its' 'sunset years' - served its' time. Don't get me wrong, I love Macgyvering older gear/DIY but I often forget how short my time really is. Maybe if I lived at the water, but when you only get a few weeks a year in the water, it's nice to have some confidence in your kit. You may just need a newer housing - but then I have never had my Sony shut down during a dive - you think it was pressure related? Have you tried removing the rear pressure pads entirely and bring it down on a deep dive just to test your theory?

I doubt you can put a dome on a flip or magnetic holder but I know nothing about domes. I have had pretty good results with macro on my M2 with the Inon 165 wet lens - not real macro (1-1) but pretty good - my actual results improved with a strobe. All that said, I am now researching a newer option, but maybe just a better housing and Nauticam glass. Some others here have posted beautiful results with that.

I've been using these for years now; they make swapping lenses underwater literally a snap.

Do you think the OP could put a dome on this system?

Sure looks neeter than my flip! Can you stack diopters?

Do you think the OP could put a dome on this system?

Sure looks neeter than my flip! Can you stack diopters?

I've used it with a Meikon wet dome without issues. I haven't tried it with a truly heavy lens like a WWL-1 or WWL-C, but my diopter (Weefine WLF05S +13) weighs about 400g in air and the magnetic ring holds it very securely even without locking the retaining tabs. I only have that one diopter, so I don't have anything to stack, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for stacking.

One thing that's annoying about those rings though, is that in some places - Anilao, Dauin, Lembeh come to mind - you get iron-rich sand that's actually magnetic, and cleaning it off the magnets post-dive is a real chore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom