Does Leisure Pro ever sell fake stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiversDiscountFlorida:
Here's a question for you, Brett, "A customer purchases an $800 computer, a $400 regulator and a $35 light. A year later, the computer housing cracks and the unit floods. The regulator chrome flakes off the first and second stages revealing brass and starts to corrode. Finally, the light floods when the housing splits. What does LP do with this equipment when it is returned under warranty by the customer?"

Never thought I would be defending Leisure Pro.....but here goes..........

All of the things you just mentioned CAN happen. But, they don't. I am sure that Leisure Pro gets returns on some items and they simply replace those items out of their inventory. Maybe they can sell the returned item after some sort of repair for used, but typically they just pitch the returned item. It is one of the costs of doing business. I know. I do it all of the time, and I am an authorized dealer for everything I sell. For the items that Leisure Pro purchases from over seas, they probably have a deal with the overseas distributor.

Leisure Pro is NOT the problem. The problem is the outdated business model in the typical local scuba store. All of the talk in the world will not change that. It is the fact.

Phil Ellis

PhilEllis:
Never thought I would be defending Leisure Pro.....but here goes..........
Gasp!

PhilEllis:
... Leisure Pro is NOT the problem. The problem is the outdated business model in the typical local scuba store. All of the talk in the world will not change that. It is the fact.
Yes, indeed!

Aelvin:
Will the mfg even replace that kind of damage? i mean crack dive pc housing can be due to physical damage...

Guys, we all KNOW the answer to these questions! It is IMPOSSIBLE for ANY scuba store that does a volume estimated to be over $20 million per year to be getting their merchandise WITHOUT the knowledge and agreement of the manufacturer. So, I would be they turn to the place from which it came for repair and replacement. It is so simple!

Phil Ellis

PhilEllis:
Guys, we all KNOW the answer to these questions! It is IMPOSSIBLE for ANY scuba store that does a volume estimated to be over $20 million per year to be getting their merchandise WITHOUT the knowledge and agreement of the manufacturer. So, I would be they turn to the place from which it came for repair and replacement. It is so simple!

Phil Ellis

Phil! say it ain't so!

DiversDiscountFlorida:
Here's a question for you, Brett, "A customer purchases an $800 computer, a $400 regulator and a $35 light. A year later, the computer housing cracks and the unit floods. The regulator chrome flakes off the first and second stages revealing brass and starts to corrode. Finally, the light floods when the housing splits. What does LP do with this equipment when it is returned under warranty by the customer?"

DDF - I've got a couple questions for you.

Did you really think for a minute that asking this question on this board would somehow work out to your advantage? Do you really not know what LP does to obtain goods and provide their equivalent warrenty?

After such a ridiculous attempt to pin a question on LeisurePro, I'll make sure I don't shop at DiversDiscountFlorida.

SparticleBrane:
After such a ridiculous attempt to pin a question on LeisurePro, I'll make sure I don't shop at DiversDiscountFlorida.

And I second this sentiment. No DiversDiscountFlorida for me.

a couple things:

1. Would any reputable company let anything not living up to it's standards go out its door? (I'm refering life safety items)

2. I've got a few things from LP, and so far they're great. I did buy my 'safety items' from my LDS. There are plenty of the 'other' things that my LDS's seem to not be able to keep in stock. Instead of waiting on them to get it, it's much easier to buy on-line and have it delivered.. usually quicker than a LDS order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom