Does Leisure Pro ever sell fake stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniel f aleman:
No fake stuff - your LDS knows it.

Just a piece of advice: don't tell your girlfriend that you want to go out with another woman...

I don't ever understand why they get upset???

split0101:
For example my LDS has the same Trident spring loaded catch bag for $75, I think on LP they sell it for around $40. Thats $35 towards my next dive.

And some shops claim the online retailer has an advangate due to reduced overhead. Just look at the overhead reduction enjoyed by that LDS as a result of avoiding restocking costs. :D

Pan Aqua? I actually like them but again their prices are high. I got my Nitrox certification from them and I was pleased. I have had less than pleasent experiences at Stingray in Williamsburg and Village Divers in the city. I never mentioned LP specifically while I was inside the shops b/c they dont carry the higher end stuff I was looking for like salvo and halcyon. I was just stopping by both to look at some HID dive lights.

It's funny b/c I have money to spend but I dress in ripped t-shirts and jeans. I think they they take one look at me and think I'm just window shopping. Maybe I caught them on a bad day but people will judge you by their worst experience not their best.

Mike

vladimir:
:rofl3: I am curious which shops?

A lot of my stuff is from Leisurepro. I have recently had good service from Pan Aqua and I get my regs serviced at Village Divers.

jivebaby:
Pan Aqua? I actually like them but again their prices are high.
True.
Maybe I caught them on a bad day but people will judge you by their worst experience not their best.

Mike
I too, have caught them (Pan Aqua) on a bad day, which is why I asked, and why I qualified my recommendation with a "lately." Maybe it depends on which staff member is minding the store.

vladimir:
I too, have caught them (Pan Aqua) on a bad day, which is why I asked, and why I qualified my recommendation with a "lately." Maybe it depends on which staff member is minding the store.
It shouldnt.. The owner/manager should make sure it dont.
If an employee is an arse, the problem isnt that the employe is an arse, but that hes allowed to..

I've purchase MANY items from Leisure Pro and have never had any problems whatsoever. There prices are great, as well as their service;however, I also buy a good amount of gear from my lds, as I want them to stay in business. After all, Leisure Pro cant fill my tanks for me, now can they...

njd3rph:
I've purchase MANY items from Leisure Pro and have never had any problems whatsoever. There prices are great, as well as their service;however, I also buy a good amount of gear from my lds, as I want them to stay in business. After all, Leisure Pro cant fill my tanks for me, now can they...
Maybe they can if you pay shipping both ways? Would be a cheap air fill... :rofl3:

To the OP...

I think I ran into the same dive shop as you in Utah. I got a reg from leasure pro and was going to pick up the rest of my setup from the LDS. I got the same "grey market" talk and that he wouldn't work on it.

Went to a different LDS and was serviced great, no hassle. I was suprized and saddened by the shop's attitude and the bad vibe i recieved from them.

Brick and Mortar conflict with online stores is becoming a big problem everywhere.

I DO NOT buy DVD's from stores anymore only online.

Gaming stores have a big conflict as well. I can order things for 20% off and shipped free vs. retail price + tax.

shakespear:
Brick and Mortar conflict with online stores is becoming a big problem everywhere.

I DO NOT buy DVD's from stores anymore only online.

Gaming stores have a big conflict as well. I can order things for 20% off and shipped free vs. retail price + tax.
The only reasons for me NOT to purchase stuff online is if i need guidance in picking the right item, need to try it on (like clothing) or needing it right now and not in 2 days (food and things i need to replace immediately)..
If it dont fall into one of those cathegories chances are I bought it online..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom