Does Leisure Pro ever sell fake stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's crazy or insane about it? The thought that someone might have confused the two stores? :palmtree:Bob

mattboy:
Beautiful...it must have been the other guy's fault. and I loved the used book analogy. Yep, used books sure are scary with all that disgusting sticky stuff...in fact, lets close down librarys before someone really gets hurt.

Jeesh!
Don't confuse buying a "new" book sight unseen with borrowing a used one in your hand. I don't want anything less than new when I'm paying for a new one so DDF won't sell anything less than new from the mfg in perfect condition to our customers.

frankc420:
It's funny that you say that, because LP does that! They even give 5% off the price you give them, from ANY site (I'm guessing the word ANY includes BUY NOW on ebay)
Well, no. According to LP's site, here is what they stated:

Best Price Guarantee +5%

Terms and Conditions:
We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what is listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.

Funny how they put it though....we're also NOT always clear whether LP products are new, discontinued or refurbished :huh:

DiversDiscountFlorida:
Nothing can replace the manufacturer's warranty behind the product when you need it. There is no way around the fact that the unauthorized dealer cannot offer that protection to the customer.

I finally had to take a look at your website. Somewhat to my surprise, the policy published there is quite consistent with your philosophy on warrenties expressed in this thread. "We are full service, authorized dealers for everything we sell or you will not see it on this site. Every product, including closeouts, comes with the manufacturers warranty. (Beware of websites that offer "their own" warranty. It is not worth the paper it is printed on. Just ask the manufacturer.)"

So lets ask a manufacturer.

mdb and others - Is the Leisurepro warrenty on your products sold by them "not worth the paper it is printed on"?

awap:
I finally had to take a look at your website. Somewhat to my surprise, the policy published there is quite consistent with your philosophy on warrenties expressed in this thread. "We are full service, authorized dealers for everything we sell or you will not see it on this site. Every product, including closeouts, comes with the manufacturers warranty. (Beware of websites that offer "their own" warranty. It is not worth the paper it is printed on. Just ask the manufacturer.)"

So lets ask a manufacturer.

mdb and others - Is the Leisurepro warrenty on your products sold by them "not worth the paper it is printed on"?

Leisure Pro is an authorized dealer for our products.

DiversDiscountFlorida:
Nothing can replace the manufacturer's warranty behind the product when you need it. There is no way around the fact that the unauthorized dealer cannot offer that protection to the customer.
That's just your opinion, nothing more and nothing less. It is meaningless beyond that, and in point of fact ... take it from an impartial observer, its not even true.

Thalassamania:
My advice is that the potential buyer check what the real costs are, the “free parts for life” thing is often more than covered by the VERY EXPENSIVE yearly service costs, it’s often less expensive to have your gear services and pay for the parts than to avail yourself of the “free parts for life” come on.
That depends on what the parts are.

I don't really care if my reg comes with a free $10 bag of o-rings every year, but you can be certain that I care a lot that my Smartcom comes with free $400 (somewhere in that area) battery replacement for life.

Terry

mblackham:
To all ScubaBoard Bloggers,

I had a very interesting conversation with my LDS this evening in SLC Utah about Leisure Pro. I told him I was thinking of buying some scuba equipment from Leisure Pro, and I must say, I was not expecting the reaction I received. To say the least, it was very negative toward LP. During all his ranting and raving, he said one thing that caught my attention and I wanted to glean from the infinite knowledge that can be found on these forums. He said "LP makes fake stuff" and they get it from the "grey market"! First off, is there any validity to the first comment? If so, how are they able to make fake life support equipment, such as: regulators and BCs? Second, (sorry, I am a little obtuse) what is the "grey market" and where does LP get their equipment from? The LDS said Scuba Pro and other larger scuba companies don't allow LP and other online shops to sell their products and do not support them in their selling of their "grey market" goods. Just some quandaries and questions I would love to have answered.

Thanks,

mblackham
What IS fake stuff exactly?
Is coltrisub making fake apeks? Its very much the same design.
Did he mean that LP buys unbranded items and brand them themselves as a brand thats not supposed to be on the items?

Tigerman:
What IS fake stuff exactly?
Is coltrisub making fake apeks? Its very much the same design.
Did he mean that LP buys unbranded items and brand them themselves as a brand thats not supposed to be on the items?

It's the stuff made by enchanted beavers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom