Does everybody know the "IDIC Dive associacion"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcharding

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Im planing to complete my dive education here in the Philippines. I have seen that there is a IDIC Instructor Trainer Center
in Moalboal / Cebu. Has everybody experiance with that association because their prices for education are interesting, but I havent heared about them. Are they accepted in other countrys?:(

As can be seen from the link in my signature, I compiled a pretty extensive list of scuba certifying agencies, and had not heard of them before.

That’s not necessarily meaningful though. There are over 50 independent agencies, so it’s not surprising I would have missed this one. They say they started in Austria in 2000 and are now in several countries.

see: Willkommen - International Diving Instructor Corporation

Whether this agency is a match for you would depend on what you intend to do after your training. If you want to work as an instructor, you might be better off with a more widely recognized agency. For example, a PADI shop could not hire you. But if you already know an IDIC shop you want to work for, that wouldn't apply. Or if you simply want the training for personal enrichment, they might well be a match. etc.

Last edited:
We are an IDIC Instructor training facility in Moalboal, Cebu, Philippines and our name is Blue Abyss Dive Shop. We offer all IDIC Diving courses up to IDIC 2 star Instructor.
The IDIC was founded in Austria in the year 2000 and has a very practical approach to diving. In the IDIC open water course we offer the student 6 open water dives instead of the usual 4 dives provided by other diving agencies. To enroll in an IDIC Advanced course an individual needs proof of 20 logged dives, we believe this is the number of dives to have enough experience to enroll in an course that teaches advanced diving. To further progress to rescue or leadership levels like dive supervisor or instructor a great umber of dives are required. So it really depends on what an individual wants to achieve. If you into getting as fast as possible into the diving industry and try to work in the diving business PADI provides the fastest way but lacks on training and experience as all the courses can be done one after the other.
About the price policy of the IDIC, all teaching material is provided online and there is no money to spent, also the certification is much cheaper than at other training agencies. We believe access to education should be free so any IDIC diving instructor can send you the required teaching material free of charge as PDF file.

Ahh Ok!
Thank's for the Info guy's!
After researchin in the Internet I found out that the education is oriented on CMAS standarts which I like more than the polity
of the worlds biggest dive association.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom