Does diving create instant intimacy or am I just being fuzzy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive buddies have seen me without makeup, with my post-hood hair and with snot on my face. They have also seen me in a bathing suit, yet they still go diving with me. That is pretty amazing...

Diving certainly does foster a sense of intimacy between my dive buddy, my wife, and myself. Unfortunately, after a full day of diving we're usually too tired to do anything about it! :wink:

Oh, beautiful, beautiful post, Ken.

I've also had the experience of making an instant bond with someone with whom I have never dived before. I thought it was because of kind of diving I do, but maybe there's something more deeply integral to diving itself.

Diving certainly does foster a sense of intimacy between my dive buddy, my wife, and myself. Unfortunately, after a full day of diving we're usually too tired to do anything about it! :wink:

Hmmm... are you saying you dive in a threesome or that your dive buddy is your wife? Inquiring minds want to know... even though it's none of their business!

Hmmm... are you saying you dive in a threesome or that your dive buddy is your wife? Inquiring minds want to know... even though it's none of their business!

Diving obviously dulls my writing skills too as I meant to say that my wife is my dive buddy. Threesomes are beyond my certification level! :D

Diving obviously dulls my writing skills too as I meant to say that my wife is my dive buddy. Threesomes are beyond my certification level! :D

Holy mackerel, I didn't realize one needed a different certification for threesomes. Gulp!

Holy mackerel, I didn't realize one needed a different certification for threesomes. Gulp!

They are if you're married to my dive buddy! :D

I too agree with Lynne. I can always count on Ken to express himself in a way that makes me wish I had composed it. I feel the same way that Ken has eloquently expressed. I count myself among the very fortunate to have my lovely bride as my dive buddy.

HBDiveGirl and Jayne, both are certain to be touched by this tribute as well.

My dive buddies have seen me without makeup, with my post-hood hair and with snot on my face.

Me too. And that's before the dive. :D

Back
Top Bottom