Does anyone want to do some mellow diving at BW tomorrow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Kathy, I can't tonight, and I had to bail on meeting Jim too.
I have to take my son to hockey practice and I'm still feeling a bit rough from my trip.

Sorry Kathy, I can't tonight, and I had to bail on meeting Jim too.I have to take my son to hockey practice and I'm still feeling a bit rough from my trip.

No worries! I get to go play with Jim/Ron & have a fantastic dive day planned for tomorrow. A night dive? Maybe I'll still get lucky with partners.

Also would love to find a partner for Tuesday if weather co-operates ;-).

I'm new to CA but am an experienced diver. I would love to go diving with you Tuesday if its not pouring. Sending a PM to ya...

I plan to come to Monterey Thursday afternoon or night and stay for the weekend, weather depending.

I plan to come to Monterey Thursday afternoon or night and stay for the weekend, weather depending.

LOL! We keep passing each other. I head back to the city on Thursday for the first class of my new semester but once I'm settled will have free days here/there.

I'm new to CA but am an experienced diver. I would love to go diving with you Tuesday if its not pouring. Sending a PM to ya...

Melissa,

Welcome to California! Let's chat :)!

There's more too it than just rain.

.TUE...SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING S IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND
WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 9 TO 11 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY AND SLIGHT
CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.

We're on the end of the longest fetch in the world. When the
surf is up, it's UP! With that forecast, you can probably dive
the breakwater and Del Monte. Maybe.

So don't just look at the rain in the forecast.

And in fact, sometimes a rain forecast is good. Usually when we
get a Pineapple Express storm (warm and wet, via Hawaii), it
lies down quite nicely.

I'm in Monterey for a few days. Tonight there were 6" ankle slappers at low tide @ BW. Trying Lobos tomorrow, will post conditions on my thread ;-).

There's more too it than just rain.

.TUE...SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING S IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND
WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 9 TO 11 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY AND SLIGHT
CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.

We're on the end of the longest fetch in the world. When the
surf is up, it's UP! With that forecast, you can probably dive
the breakwater and Del Monte. Maybe.

So don't just look at the rain in the forecast.

And in fact, sometimes a rain forecast is good. Usually when we
get a Pineapple Express storm (warm and wet, via Hawaii), it
lies down quite nicely.

This is why I'm going out with locals, to try to learn what wave forecasts equal acceptable diving conditions. I have been using your website to monitor conditions. Great resource! I understand that if its coming in due west it will come right into BW... but what swell height/ period = ok for diving?

Last edited:
LOL! We keep passing each other. I head back to the city on Thursday for the first class of my new semester but once I'm settled will have free days here/there.

Let me know when you have free time. I am still getting used to the tempestuous coastal weather in Norcal. It sure makes dive planning a challenge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom