Does anyone use a Waterproof WPAD pocket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddavin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been trying to find reviews of the WPAD accessory pocket for Waterproof wetsuits and can't find anything more recent than 2015. I heard that after poor reviews they were redesigning them. Anyone use a newer one and could recommend (or not) it?

Amazon has reviews. At least I can find German reviews.

I had one and it was awful. It fell off the suit a couple of times with stuff in it, once in a shore exit where I was able to retrieve it, and once it fell off on a wreck dive and I didn't even notice until another diver on the boat gave it back to me. The pocket fabric wore out, so there was a hole in the bottom relatively quickly. I can't recommend it at all.

I glued a pocket from DGX on the other side of my suit which has fared much better (I have one on both of my wetsuits). Although it doesn't look as nice, it's much more functional. I think the WPAD pocket was an interesting idea but in practice it didn't work for me.

I use one on my wetsuit. LOVE IT. Have never lost it. It has been attached to the suit for over a year. Holds a fair amount of stuff. It is a bit of a pain to get it all lined up when attaching it. It will never be a true drysuit pocket. But fulfills my needs when diving wet.

I use one on my wetsuit. LOVE IT. Have never lost it. It has been attached to the suit for over a year. Holds a fair amount of stuff. It is a bit of a pain to get it all lined up when attaching it. It will never be a true drysuit pocket. But fulfills my needs when diving wet.

Just curious. How many dives is that? If you did 200 dives in that suit in the last year, then that seems like a pretty good recommendation. But, if you only did 2, then the fact that it stayed on all that time is, well, less impressive than 200... :wink:

Mainly just pool sessions for OW. So two 6 hour pool sessions per weekend. Roughly 20 weekends. That's about 240 hours. Plus the few months I had it in 2018. I'd say 300 hours would be a fair estimate.

I purchased one about two months ago and have made a few dozen dives with it. No particularly negative issues have become apparent yet, and it seems fairly sturdy. I have not put anything very heavy in it, using it primarily as a stowage place for a hefty line that I clip onto my camera rig, and repository for trash that I pick up underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom