Does anyone make an adapter to go straight from a AL80 tank to a standard pipe thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appreciate the input on the tank size. The manufacture of the compressor uses the same 2hp motor on several models, all the way up to 20 gallon tanks. I would have to assume the duty cycle is engineered to fill anything between my small 1.6g factory tank, all the way up to the 20 gallon tank. After this project is complete I'll have 8 or 10 gallons of TOTAL capacity, and I'll still maintain a portable compressor that I can disconnect, with a quick connect fitting, and take on the road with me when needed.
That's good. I am accustomed to low end compressors that nearly overheat just filling the little tank. Sounds like you got a better than average tiny compressor.

I appreciate the input on the tank size. The manufacture of the compressor uses the same 2hp motor on several models, all the way up to 20 gallon tanks. I would have to assume the duty cycle is engineered to fill anything between my small 1.6g factory tank, all the way up to the 20 gallon tank. After this project is complete I'll have 8 or 10 gallons of TOTAL capacity, and I'll still maintain a portable compressor that I can disconnect, with a quick connect fitting, and take on the road with me when needed.
Look at the CFM rating on those different size compressors. They all might use the same 2 HP motor but the pump size might be different. The pump size is what determines CFM not the HP of the motor, provided the motor can run at the proper RPM. It’s possible that the 2 HP motor is capable of running bigger pumps, so they use one motor for several sizes. If it’s an oil-less compressor and the motor is integrated with the pump then you’re stuck with whatever pump they decide to use.

Both units run 2hp 5.3cfm motors/ compressors.

Attachments

• 20221011_162307.jpg
    20221011_162307.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20221011_162143.jpg
    20221011_162143.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom