Does anyone know who makes the pressure transducers in dive computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's far lower than tank pressure.
lol.. i read it as 'pressure transducers in dive computers', yes not suitable for connecting to tank.

Digikey is a good bet, I see 4kpsi pressure transducers listed for less than C$70. Might need some high pressure adapters to get it to fit your application, but they're out there.

Edit: They Amphenol NPI-15VC series might work for you. It's pretty small and cheap.
Thanks. I think I found something on Digikey that is the right pressure and threaded correctly, its a bit bigger and a bit more expensive then I was hoping but oh well. The ones you recommended me, would you know how to mount them, I see no clear way to?

Thanks. I think I found something on Digikey that is the right pressure and threaded correctly, its a bit bigger and a bit more expensive then I was hoping but oh well. The ones you recommended me, would you know how to mount them, I see no clear way to?

I'm not sure exactly what application you're using it for, so it's hard to say. The ones I listed are available in a couple different thread options, I'd assume mounting them to a high pressure fitting is a pretty secure way to attach them. The electrical connection isn't suitable for physically supporting the transducer.

Can you share the digikey part? I'd lkke to know more about it.

Can you share the digikey part? I'd lkke to know more about it.
This is the only transducer that I could find that was high enough pressure and 7/16" unf threaded for a "reasonable" price. My only concern with it is that it is vented gauge pressure, but I don't think that will be too much of an issue, its also bigger and bulkier then I would like but its the only one I have found.

This is the only transducer that I could find that was high enough pressure and 7/16" unf threaded for a "reasonable" price. My only concern with it is that it is vented gauge pressure, but I don't think that will be too much of an issue, its also bigger and bulkier then I would like but its the only one I have found.
I'm setting up a "conversation" with you- I have some of these parts that- if you could use them- I'd be happy to just send to you, these are a handful of sensors not used in prototypes from many years ago. Packaged Version of ME657

-Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom