Does anyone know who makes the pressure transducers in dive computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toastytoaster

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently working on a project and need to log pressure from a tank. All the transducers I can find are either not high enough pressure, not threaded right, require too much power, or just seem too big compared to whats found in dive computers, and I really doubt that they use the most expensive parts. If anyone knows who makes the pressure transducers and/or where to buy them please let me know.

How about getting an old crap dive computer and using its transducer?

How about getting an old crap dive computer and using its transducer?
I tried looking on ebay for broken ones, most either are not air integrated or are way too expensive for something broken.

I tried looking on ebay for broken ones, most either are not air integrated or are way too expensive for something broken.

Ah. So you’re looking for a gas pressure transducer, not a water pressure transducer.

Ah. So you’re looking for a gas pressure transducer, not a water pressure transducer.
So he is looking for a used/old/broken wireless transmitter, because that is where the transducer is.

Or a broken air integrated computer, or who ever manufactures the transducers.
I'd look for a dead Proplus. The wireless transmitters are pretty robust (at least the Oceanics....and I wouldn't trust the others), but cheaper if you find one.

I think he is looking for the right piezo sensor for a few cents, not the whole computer for $50 +.

Michael

I would be looking for where the transducers are manufactured in order to get them cheaper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom