Does anyone know whatever happened to Fred

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadweeb

Reaction score
For many years I really enjoyed reading the magazine known as Scuba Times. In particular, I loved reading articles written by Fred Garth & Brent Gilliam. The humor exhibited within their articles literally made me laugh outloud and I looked forward to each new issue. Awhile back, Skin Diver purchased Scuba Times however, Fred & Brent contributed (though not often enough for my taste) for the first couple of issues then they...disappeared. Does anyone know what happened?

Fred's alive & well, living on Perdido Bay, Alabama (his house is actually on the Florida side of the bay, but we always see each other on the Alabama side, at either his family's old place or mine).
Celebrated New Year's with him & the usual Perdido gang on the bay, big bonfire, fireworks, about two dozen youngsters running around...
He has a fairly new baby.
I think you'll probably be hearing more from Fred soon.
Bret's still writing a lot for Rodale's as their technical diving editor, still running TDI/SDI, still a thorn in the side of the "traditional" agencies with his "edge of the envelope" proposals.
Rick

In the latest issue of Skin Diver, much to my excitement there are 2 articles by one of my most favorite diving writers, Fred Garth. In my opinion he writes like an artist (or cartoonist may be a better description) painting a picture in my mind that inevitably makes me laugh, out loud. If you get a chance, pop open the magazine and read about the old navy salt & some techie diving. You'll learn something and laugh too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom