Does anyone know what model octo this is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tillster

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have this old octopus that needs servicing, but I can’t see any identifying marks to figure out what brand/model it is. Any thoughts?
I think I purchased it about 14 yrs ago in SE Asia (but memory has decreased as age has increased).

Attachments

• IMG_4826.jpeg
    IMG_4826.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4827.jpeg
    IMG_4827.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 48
There are not all that many companies that produce these flat alternate second stages.

Aqualung has the ABS and LPO, Apeks the Egress, Oceanic the Slimline Octo and a few smaller companies have copies of these. What these all have in common is that the mouthpiece and hose are at an 120° angle.

Yours is at a 180° angle and I only know of one manufacturer that produced these - Sherwood. They have the Dual Octo and Remora that look very similar to what you have. Unfortunately I do not recognize the purge button on your unit, although that may just be a another iteration of the two.

Attachments

• SR7206 Dual Octo - Service Manual.pdf
    493 KB · Views: 26
  • Remora.png
    Remora.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 52
Dude pull it apart clean it up them put it back together again
and don't pull apart what you can clean without pulling apart

I use a splash, of Phosphoric acid, and water 50-50 to remove
stubborn rust applied with an artists brush or toothtype brush

Here's an ideas book that is not the same but not all different

Phosphoric acid ??