Does anyone know what happened to the Bottom Time II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjscpc2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering what ever happened to the Bottom Time. I was on their original boat a long time ago and was just curious.

Which one? The Ft. Lauderdale -> Bahamas boat?

If that's the one, post something on the Florida forum.

It ran out of Lauderdale. It used to drop off in Nasau reload and return to Lauderdale when I went on it. Just curious, I find a few references to it at times, but thats it.

Oh, it sank alright. I remember seeing a news picture if it sitting off the Florida coast with only the cabin roof showing above the water. I don't remember exactly where, but I seem to think it was off the Fort Lauderdale area. It had been sold, I think, and was not being used as a commercial liveaboard anymore, as I seem to remember. I don't know if they raised it or not, but I am sure that someone from the area would know. Check with the Florida forum for more details? Woody

Hi kjscpc2!
I was actually on the last dolphin trip - in September 2005 - on BottomTime II. Flew from Fort Lauderdale with a group of friends and Bottom Time II with crew waited in Bimini. We stayed on the boat for a week - between two storms. When we flew back, the crew took her back to Lauderdale. Shortly after she was really damaged by the storm. And then she was sold. I think the new owner use the boat for other purposes today.
We had a fantastic week with crew and friends! Very special light perhaps due to the weather and the ocean changed shape and coulour. It was like paradise in another fun dimension :). have a "diary" on Delfiner Vilda delfiner Delfinsim Snorkling Korallrev Konferens Healing Glädje Atlantis 2012 Upplysning Dyka Simma Dolphin swim Resor Delfinresor Dolphin trips Personlig utveckling Seminarier Kursgård Hälsa Lotten Odh
Was on the boat in Silver Bank the year before that - with the humpback whale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom