Does anyone dive Ichetucknee Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know I used to snorkel there alot as a kid but I do not remember if I saw anyone there diving.

Is there anything there worth diving, or is diving even aloud there? I was thinking maybe drift dive or something in the river, if it is really as clear as I remember it 8 years ago.

Or any other good springs in the area for a OW diver. I have been going to Ginny every 2 weeks since OW class and want to check out another spring next week!

dhampton82:
I know I used to snorkel there alot as a kid but I do not remember if I saw anyone there diving.

Is there anything there worth diving, or is diving even aloud there? I was thinking maybe drift dive or something in the river, if it is really as clear as I remember it 8 years ago.

Or any other good springs in the area for a OW diver. I have been going to Ginny every 2 weeks since OW class and want to check out another spring next week!
My understanding is you cant dive there as and open water diver. Only snorkel at the headspring or drift down. If you are cavern certified, however, you can dive Jug Hole, which is on the north side.

I believe (and I might be wrong) that they ONLY allow diving in Jug Hole during the winter months. I know we had to be done diving the cavern etc by the end of either Feb -or- March of this year...

We just sqeeked the dive in ... But MAN , is Jug Hole pretty !!!
Especially when the sun came down the hole in the afternoon...It brought tears to my eyes...(Seriously...Had to take off my mask to clear my eyes)
It is DEFINATELY worth the trip...

Thanks!

Jeano Beano
Fort White , Florida

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom